PROTECTING OUR CONTENT
At Team Minimalist, we vigorously pursue copyright infringement issues. If you are aware or suspect any persons or entities infringing on the intellectual property of The Minimalist Society, please alert us at email@example.com with the subject heading: “Report of Suspected Infringement”. Under Singapore law, copyright infringement can result in both civil and criminal liability.
Please be as detailed as possible so that the claim can be investigated thoroughly. Kindly also provide as much information as possible on the suspected infringer (e.g. Name of person/business entity, address, website, e-mail or phone number). Depending on the severity of the infringement, the type of actions we take will vary on a case-to-case basis.
EXAMPLES OF INFRINGEMENTS
Some real examples of previous copyright infringement includes but not limited to :
- Adapting/Modifying our photos (as a backdrop for your own commercial product) on your listing, even if the photo shows the genuine article being sold;
2. Reproducing our photos in a fraudulent matter (making false claims that you carry our products), where the article being sold is actually different from our products;
3. Using our photos in a negligent or misleading manner (implying certain action or event may happen), where the truth is not going to be what is implied;
4. Copying large portions of our text excessively and using it on your website or any other medium;
5. Adapting/Usage of our photos in any manner to enhance the commercial interest of other entities.
While we are peace loving people here at The Minimalist Society, we take a no-nonsense view for matters pertaining to copyright infringements, deceit or fraud. All intellectual property created by The Minimalist Society are the result of our hard work and any content theft will not be tolerated. Our IP/legal Team will contact the infringing party to ensure the integrity of the materials presented and take further action if necessary.
For the avoidance of doubt, the two scenarios below are permitted without needing prior permissions from us:
-All our home owner/s are given the exclusive permission to post or monetize the creative/physical assets generated by us as a result of their home renovations.
1. Some examples would be:
2. Copywriters or bloggers who may wish to feature our home designs for tips-related articles are allowed. Do note that however, attributions with a backlink to our website or Facebook are mandatory in all circumstances and that the nature of the content to all intents and purposes, must not be derogatory, misleading in nature or serving the commercial interest of other entities directly or indirectly.
A positive demonstration would be:
FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS
You are welcome to check in with us should you require more clarifications on the usage of our creative assets. If you would love to have the opportunity to work with our home owners for any collaboration or for commercial intents, the proper channel would be to email to our PR & Communications Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
To sum up, intellectual property is important to promote creativity, expression and innovation in our community. Let’s build respect for it and together, we can create great works.
PR & Communications Team
The Minimalist Society Pte. Ltd.